Sunday 3 November 2013

Crack and Peel





To make these pictures I first opened up the pictures of the wood grain and Channing Tatum. I used the quick selection tool and deleted the background in the picture of Channing Tatum and pasted the wood grain right over the image of Channing Tatum. I then lowered the opacity and changed the blen mode to multiply. Next I adjusted the levels to the correct levels and then created a clipping mask and then a layers mask. I created a layers mask by adding a new levels layer, putting it between my other two layers and joining it. I then painted in black on the levels layer to let the nostrils, lips and eyes show through. I then repeated this to place the wood knot and the rust onto his face. I brought it in while on the top layer, changed it to multiply, and added a new levels layer again. I put this layer below the rust/knot and touched it up until I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment